I saw this exercise on another person’s blog and thought it was a great idea. So, here are 100 factoids about me, in no particular order, except maybe the order in which I thought of them.
1. I love these smells: new wallpaper, Scotch tape, super glue, burning leaves, wet asphalt, kids after cold recess, the Purple Pumpkin Pieman action figure (from my childhood), fans on the backs of cash registers, new books, old books, freshly sawed wood, Play-doh, camping mornings, pencil shavings, coffee beans, gasoline.
2. I spell the word “grey” incorrectly on purpose because I like it better than “gray” and I always say “toward” instead of “towards”.
3. I am a cat person through and through. But dogs are nice, too, I guess, as long as they’re not always panting, slobbering and following me around.
4. I’m not as intelligent as people seem to think I am.
5. I love talking to my mom and dad every single day if I can.
6. I’m 32 and totally dread and avoid growing up.
7. I still don’ t know what I want to be when I finally do grow up.
8. I miss my grandparents.
9. I tear up when I watch talent shows.
10. I’m a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter, especially when they’re dolloped with Cool Whip.
11. A tried and true wallflower, I’ve diagnosed myself with social anxiety and feel surprised, insecure and anxious when people approach me for conversation at a party.
12. I feel invisible and inconsequential, so it surprises me when people address me by name, especially when I’ve only met them once or twice.
13. Walking into a bookstore or library unfailingly makes me have to go to the bathroom.
14. I’m the worst procrastinar I’ve ever met.
15. I love reading but have a real problem with retention. Same with movies.
16. I miss the days when friends introduced me to new music.
17. I love crossword puzzles.
18. I miss surfing and having a flexible schedule and friends to surf with.
19. I don’t have a real BFF. Besides my husband, of course.
20. I find peace, fun and joy when I play in the garden.
21. I love yoga and can feel that it is very good for me mentally and physically.
22. I love Sharpees. Especially the silver ones. I’ve always kindof wanted to work for that company.
23. I’ve never learned how to juggle, play cat’s cradle, make armpit farting noises, or hang a spoon from my nose.
24. I’m afraid of horses’ mouths.
25. While riding in a car, I always tap my feet alternately to the stripes on the road that divide the lanes. If they’re too close together, I tap my feet to things on the side of the road. And, I favor my right foot.
26. I don’t really like most people but I try to pretend that I do.
27. Humor about bodily functions makes me laugh harder than just about anything.
28. I don’t believe in God and I hate going to church.
29. I hate cleaning, and only do it half-assed when cleaning is required.
30. My favorite movie when I was a child was Savannah Smiles. I haven’t seen it in probably 25 years, but would like to.
31. It makes me very nervous when people stand behind me.
32. I love using tools and working with my hands.
33. I wish I was born a boy.
34. I love pushing the snooze button over and over and over again.
32. I often feel like I’m being watched and it really freaks me out.
33. I feel like I deserve to have a better job than I do, but I don’t know what job that is or how to get it.
34. I hate milk. Big time.
35. I love taking off and falling asleep in an airplane.
36. I hate black sinks and toilets. They scare me.
37. I wish I had a second chance to be a kid. I would do so many things differently.
38. I like peeling and picking at things. And untying challenging knots.
39. I like peanut butter on hamburgers. Yummy.
40. I don’t think I have any real talents. Seriously. You should hear me sing and watch me try to dance.
41. I love when I have really absurd dreams and can actually remember them.
42. I love learning things, but I seldom fail to forget what I have learned.
43. I don’t laugh often or hard enough.
44. I have no rhythm, and I really don’t like dancing. Except for salsa snd swing dancing.
45. I’m very, very afraid that I won’t be a good mother.
46. I love celebrity gossip TV shows.
47. I often feel guilty even if I’ve done nothing wrong.
48. I love the freedom, excitement, and sense of the unknown on road trips.
49. I love playing poker. If I’m winning. Especially if I’m beating a table full of guys.
50. I feel flattered when my cat sits on my lap.
51. I love going to movies alone, even though it kindof makes me feel like a loser.
52. I love Fruity Pebbles, Apple Jacks, Cap’n Crunch and Lucky Charms.
53. I love receiving and writing letters, but it very rarely happens, if ever.
54. I have a horrible memory. Really, really horrible.
55. I love paisleys.
56. In grade school I had a crush on a boy named Paul who ate glue and I thought it was charming.
57. I’ve lost touch with my journal and it’s killing me, but I’m too lazy to pick it up and write.
58. I like the number 8.
59. I like making messes, but I hate cleaning them up.
60. I regret that I never moved to New York City and doubt that I will ever have the opportunity.
61. I want to be a writer, but I don’t have much to say.
62. I judge myself too harshly.
63. I like cracking my knuckles. And my back. And my neck. And my toes.
64. I feel like my career, or lack thereof, has let my parents down.
65. I like throwing pottery on a potter’s wheel and have always wished I had my own equipment and art studio.
66. I’m way too frugal for my own good.
67. I love working with paper, scissors, glue and glitter.
68. I’ve always been a grammar snob, but lately I feel that I’ve lost my edge.
69. I love movies that make me cry.
70. I’ve always wanted to be in a play but have been too afraid to audition.
71. I’m afraid of attics and crawl spaces.
72. I love searching for and finding sea glass.
73. I love playing fetch with our dog at the beach.
74. I really, really wish I had more girlfriends that I could hang out with.
75. I want to be an artist.
76. When I can’t sleep, I count my heartbeats. Sometimes I make it over a thousand without losing count.
77. I wish I could remember what it’s like to be a child.
78. I love mosh pits…as long as they’re not TOO wild.
79. I cried out of sheer excitement when I saw New Kids on the Block in 1988, but I was embarassed so I told my friend it was because she had elbowed me in the eye.
80. I love shamelessly eating fresh fruit in a bikini – mangoes, peaches, guanabana – and letting the juice dribble all over my face and belly.
81. I find coloring peaceful.
82. I love tire swings and hope I can have one some day.
83. I’ve never had a dream. Like a real life passion and desire for something significant.
84. My brother makes me laugh harder than anyone I know.
85. I’ve never had a scab that I didn’t pick. Gross, huh?
86. I love shooting guns. Especially shotguns.
87. I’d rather sleep than do just about anything.
88. I love cooking, especially for a lot of people, but I’m not very good at it.
89. I hate Christmas music with a passion.
90. I’m very good at keeping secrets.
91. I’m not a very good listener, nor am I very compassionate or sympathetic.
92. I wish I could travel more.
93. I love the feeling of walking barefoot in/on soft, cool grass, fine sand, warm (not hot) earth and squishy mud.
94. I’m completely ignorant to politics and history. And totally ashamed of it.
95. Taco Bell is my favorite restaurant…ever.
96. I’m not very funny, but when I do make people laugh, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
97. Discovering that I’m okay with being an athiest was one of my life’s biggest ah-ha moments. But everyone around me still struggles with it and has hope for my spirituality.
98. I miss scratch-n-sniff stickers, especially the pickle one. I wish I hadn’t tossed my sticker book. Or my plastic charm necklace.
99. I’m 100% addicted to Chap Stick. If I don’t have it on me at all times, I can’t survive.
100. I’m proud of myself for no longer biting my fingernails or picking my toenails.
So that’s it. There’s 100 totally insignificant and random things about me.